Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Happy Picture for a Sad Day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh my goodness, what a fun time we had with our SLR Texas group! I haven't shared much about my trip but I plan to! Today, I'm getting through the day. Today would have been my father's 77th birthday!~ Mother will be 77 next week. That's not young. Will I miss my mother as much as I miss my father? Depression has me immobile today. I will allow myself some slack but tomorrow, it's over, the pity party will end! Will the grief end? How much time do I have left with my mother. Our family is gone, the kids are grown, doing their own thing. I've been missing them a lot lately, their rooms are so empty. I'm really feeling the empty nest.

I am afraid to go back to work as a nurse, I have felt it but not said it to anyone. I think I need to "get a life" to get out in public and work, something!

I want to cry but I don't. What good will it do? Life is happiness mixed with so much pain. To feel pain is to know you are alive, it is to realize happiness, it is part of what makes you human.

4 comments:

Bev said...

Jan...we've talked about this so you know I support you. It can be hard. There is no right amount of time to grieve. It is definitely ok to be fine most days and then to take a day on an occasion to grieve a bit more. Mostly it becomes a decision about whether each day is the day to grieve or to move on. You will be ok!!

As for being a nurse...well, you don;t have to work to be a nurse!!!It is a part of who you have been for many years and no one can take that away. Just because it may be time to move on won;t take that away either. So look for something that draws you and makes you feel passionate!! Don;t limit yourself!

Cassie said...

Many hugs girl.

And that layout is amazing. I adore your pages.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Hugs Jan! Grief is personal and only you can figure the best way to deal with it. but we are alll here to listen when you are having a bad day.

As for the nursing thing....today is not the day you want me commenting. bad day!