Monday, May 29, 2006

Techno Granny Wannabe

Wow! I can't believe all the neat stuff that people have on their blogs! Music, tons of pictures, blinkies, all the stuff that a granny techno wannabe should learn. Maybe if I tackle one thing a week I can learn how to do this! That way maybe, my brain will remain sharp! I've signed up for classes only to have to give them up due to DH's schedule. Actually, I've dreamed of the day I could be a SAHW and do as I please! Now after spending the past year in pure self indulgence I find that it's not rewarding and need to look for some constructive uses of my time.

I'm feeling the rhythm of life coming back to me. I need to put myself on a schedule as all my working career my schedule was dictated and boy did they work us hard in the operating room! I miss the friendships and the patient interaction but not the grunt work, it's really a physical job! Now that I've quit, they are getting computers in every OR in the country, even small town USA! I was ahead of my time with the computer on the consumer end but now I feel I'm feeling left to byte dust.

Someone tell me where to start!

2 comments:

Going For Greatness said...

Well.. where to start you ask? That's a good question! We're all driven by different things. Some are driven by volunteer work, others by crafts or hobbies and some by actually working. Whatcha gotta do is find our niche, grasp onto it and don't let go!
You're HIGHLY creative, so you shouldn't have a problem finding yours! I am a professional volunteer. I am a spaz, I can't sit still, I am never home and I'm always SOMEWHERE ELSE. My niche is volunteering with my therapy dog at the local alzheimer's assisted living center. I am also a volunteer in my 4 year old's nursery school and I did fund raising for my husband's place of employment in the form of organizing scrapbooking crops for the Pediatric Departments (he's a neonatologist). Keeping busy and feeling that you're contributing at the same time is the key for me :)
XO
Gabi

Sandy said...

Thanks girls! Due to the need for money in this culture and to pay for DD's college I will probably find a nice nursing job in the fall but it won't be in the OR! Maybe home health part time is the answer. For now to just get my home back into shape and do the necessary things will be a good step forward.