Thursday, August 03, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Ah, how sweet my own bed felt the morning of August 2 at 2:30 AM as I finally laid my head on my own "feather" pillow with the 100% cotton 200 thread count sheets and pillow cases.

The trip home took us 19 hours as we left Scottsbluff at 7AM MT, few to ATL, circled and circled then bumped and bumped until there were several "pukers" in the crowd, thankgoodness it wasn't me! Storms in ATL caused us to arrive late and we almost had to run to the next plane which of course was on another concourse and at the end! We did get to Orlando on time but then stopped to eat and had an hour and a half drive home.

Good thing DH is the "boss" as we slept in until 10:30 AM and I drove him to work where he had a brand new truck waiting for him (company truck).

The dogs were so happy to see us that they "peed" the floor but I had my handy dandy swiffer wet jet ready to mop the tile.

I've spent a ton of time trying to catch up on everything online and need to hit the cleaning lady mode and kick some dust bunnies!

Thank God the TS Cris is fizzing out, I just can't handle a hurricane right now!

All added up other than air miles we drove about 1500 miles while out West!

No comments: