Monday, August 28, 2006

Ernesto

Finally, it has dawned on me why I am so depressed today! I fight depression in general but this Monday morning just absolutely sucked for me! No matter what I did it just didn't seem to help. So, I picked myself up by the flip flops and made myself get out of the house.

There's nowhere good to go around here. The mall stinks and even if it was a good one I shouldn't be out spending money.

I did need to go to Wally World and get some essentials like deodorant and laundry soap. Well, every stinking' person in three counties was there buying water and peanut butter. I finally decided to get what I needed as fast as possible and get the heck out of Dodge!

We have soooooooo many elderly people in this town. They are just oblivious to anything going on around them. Stand in the aisle and "farmer chat". Just irks me, they should do that on the shuffleboard court! Oh, it's too freakin' hot outside to be outside unless you're in a pool.

Anyway, it's that damn Ernesto, I am so sick and tired of hurricane's and tropical storms I could puke! It's all my scrap crap that freaks me out. Who cares about the rest! Every year it seems all the books go into plastic containers and then back out on the shelves. I just can't face it. So, I'm going to take my chances for now! If it stresses me out that bad then something wrong!

It must be all the TV hype, we never had all that growing up. No long drawn out moment to moment detail on what could/might happen. We just got the batteries ready and stored up canned food. Heck, we didn't even have bottled water. We just filled up the bathtubs with extra water. Of course, it probably didn't hurt that I was a child and knew my parents would take care of me.

The kids are grown, it's DH and one grown son. I'll get some canned food another day. The propane tanks are full and it's DH's job to get gasoline for the generator! Yes, we have a generator. My dad bought it for my mother before he died. I've got a flashlight and extra batteries and a pool full of water. What else could I ask for?

So, goodbye worries over Ernesto! Wow, I feel so much better now! Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

Bev said...

I can't imagine the ups and downs of seasonal concerns. I live in earthquake country. So if we are worried about something, we secure it. It is a year round thing.

But some around her go overboard in being ready. I have a freind who has a big red garbage can of supplies "in case". I am just hoping I will be able to get into my garage space if something happens. I have all my camping gear plus my pantry is close to an outside door. I have thought thru what I need and what I have and have chosen not to worry about all the extras. Time will tell.

Bev said...

PS..I absolutely love the beta version of blogger! It is worth changing to! It is so easy to change your site colors and add links and all the fun stuff!

Alicia said...

Good luck girl... I haven't seen the news since this morning, so I have NO clue what is happening! Just know I am thinking of you! I am laughing at the then and now! I do remember that! OK, time to get in the car... we just thought of it a a mini-vacation!