Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What does smart mean anyuway?

I must confess, this has been on my mind all night and it wasn't very nice to say!~ I guess I don't think that I am smarter than DH it's just that maybe I have a wee bit more common sense! He got home and sat at the counter crunching numbers for next years benefits package while I finished cooking supper. I just love it when we do this. We take turns cooking and the other one sits and talks to them.

I won't ever know if I could excel in physics or math because I have no desire to try! On the other hand DH worked at awful subjects like all of those weird organic/inorganic chemistry, and who knows what all. He is an excellent writer and I can take some lessons from him. I think my writing is about a 5th grade level, so no, I'm not smarter than a 5th grader!

I'm good at trivia, so I score points when I help him get some medical question right on his triva game and I'm pretty good at Bible questions too!

Everyone is different, I guess that's what makes life interesting. After hauling in a terribly heavy K & Company display rack from the garage, I planned to put the thing together. I must digress and wait for my man to get home and put it together for me. I feel certain that I could do it if I had the right tools and I were a little stronger BUT I can't find my hammer! For now, I'll not blame him for taking it and not putting it back as it is probably under the heap pile of stuff in my scrap room. Off to the shower, dress for the day and tackle this room. There's plenty for me to do without having that cabinet put together, although it would be more fun if I could organize it rather than just delegate items to a bin that will go in it once it's together!

Off to the shower!

2 comments:

Bev said...

I think *smart* is relative. I may be smart about one thing, but you are smarter about another. It's why we need each other. We each can't do it all, but together we all have enough skills that we can!!!

Lisa said...

Glad to see you are back on your blog!