Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Wow, looks as if I have really neglected my blog! It's a good thing though! I've been spending much less time online and more time living life.In the past few months much has happened.

DD has graduated from nursing school and passed her boards. She is now an RN!

DS is living with his girlfriend and she is wearing a diamond ring. The date for their wedding is set for April 26, 2008. I'm also becoming a grandmother as future DIL has a sweet little 3 y/o.

Spent the month of October entertaining friends and attending CKU in Orlando. We went to the beach from there to enjoy a few more days!

I spent a lot of time in "therapy" trying to get out of this mess my life up to now has put my into. Learning how I got where I am. Also had marriage counseling with DH. We found that we really are on the same page but just needed a little professional help to get the conversation going properly. Things are better.

I've begun my Christmas shopping and have it mostly completed. Transitioned my scrap room back from the dining room to the little bed room so I can have formal dinners again. It's a good thing to see the family growing again. My DS and her family are actually coming for Christmas. They will stay next door with mom. I can only take so much!~ KWIM!

The wedding upcoming in April is bringing a secondary problem in that my DMIL will be coming to pay us a visit! After three weeks of togetherness with her in July of 2006, I have been up to my eyeballs with MIL! I'm so thankful she lives so far away. My SIL and BIL are also coming. They will be visiting their son at Patrick AFB where he is stationed. Then they will come over to join us for the wedding festivities! I plan to put them up in a nice hotel and call it good! Last time DMIL stayed at our house she slept on the living room sofa the whole time and would come into DH and my bedroom at night with a flashlight to use the bathroom. Geeze, I know she is antisex but DH certainly is not. What is she thinking?

Do you see how my mind and thoughts wander? That's how my brain is. My new BFF gets a kick out of it as I hop from one topic to the next! I'll try to do better about blogging. Maybe less time posting on the MB's and more time posting on the blog!

Love the way Alicia always ends with lights out! Can't really say that now. It's lights on for me! The only thing constructive that I have done today is to make my bed. That's progress! Off to the shower, dress, make chili for supper and the day is mine!

Dangit, just remembered I have to go talk to Maybell at 2:00 PM. Crap!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Welcome back, Sandy! Good to "hear" your voice!